Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year Day Tradition

Everyone know that being prego you have major cravings. I LOVE Cinnamon rolls and there is this place in town that has the best Cinnamon rolls but they are $3.25. I cant afford that every time I get a craving so I decided that we needed to make them.. I have also decided that we are going to make it a New Years Day tradition. It was fun we laughed so hard that day due to the lack of not knowing what we were doing..
So the recipe has no set about of flour that you use so that threw us off. The end product turned out good but we had to call them Cinnabuns not rolls. We didn't get enough flour in them so they were so sticky and we couldn't roll them and when we tried to cut them we had so saw through them witch meant putting the cutting board under then so we didn't ruin the counter, and then they wouldn't stay together they just kinda fell apart. Clint kept singing, these big piles of goo probably won't cook all the way through. It was so funny..


Eli was a BIG helper.. Flour EVERYWHERE.
We ran out of flour half the way through. Candi saved us I ran to her house instead of the store.
We had to borrow a few things that we didn't have and I didn't want to buy because I figured if I didn't have them all ready they weren't a necessity in our pantry. Powdered milk, ginger, and a rolling pin. Grandma Bevie and Candi helped out in those areas.. Next year WILL be better I have faith..


4 comments:

Candi said...

Wow. That shot of Clint and the big roll of dough in the sunlight is so artistic....you should enter it in some kind of competition....I'd vote for it.

Unknown said...

Jeannie, I'm offended, you didn't mention the 45 times you called me for instructions. We all had a good laugh during the process
love mom

Leslie said...

hey so I'm offended to... you didn't offer me one! j/k HOWEVER they do look and sound yummy! Tell Clint gold star for him, for helping his cute prego wife!

Haiku Amy said...

Jeannie,

I'll give you a special tip for next time. Instead of using a knife to cut through your dough, use a strand of thread or regular dental floss. You just slide the floss under the dough, then cross and pull. It makes a clean cut through your dough.
Cinnamon rolls sound yummy.