So a month or so ago we had a mouse. He is the story..
It was a Friday morning and the kids were out of school. Something woke me up and i remember flinching. I layed there in bed and looked at the clock to see what time it was and thought I should go the the bathroom or i will not be able to go back to sleep.. It was 5: 15. I went to the bathroom and while i was sitting on the toilet, a mouse ran across me bedroom floor. It scared the crap out of me and it made me mad and it made me cry. I didn't want to leave the bathroom because i thought for sure it would run across my foot or something.. I stayed in the bathroom for like 10 minutes took a big jump to the bed got my phone and called Clint balling.. Friday is normally his late day and i begged him to come home early..
I was on call for the ambulance til 6 and i was sure he would be in my cloths that we by my bed.. I got up the courage to go to the living room and sleep on the couch with the kids. I turned every light on in between my bedroom and the living room.. That woke up the kids so i told them what happened and it was not time to be awake so we turned all the lights off and got laid back down.. It wasn't 3 minutes and i heard something scratching under the couch.. Tried to ignore it and then the kids heard it and Pazley started to cry. At this point i couldn't say a word because i was crying earlier.. And then
It was a Friday morning and the kids were out of school. Something woke me up and i remember flinching. I layed there in bed and looked at the clock to see what time it was and thought I should go the the bathroom or i will not be able to go back to sleep.. It was 5: 15. I went to the bathroom and while i was sitting on the toilet, a mouse ran across me bedroom floor. It scared the crap out of me and it made me mad and it made me cry. I didn't want to leave the bathroom because i thought for sure it would run across my foot or something.. I stayed in the bathroom for like 10 minutes took a big jump to the bed got my phone and called Clint balling.. Friday is normally his late day and i begged him to come home early..
I was on call for the ambulance til 6 and i was sure he would be in my cloths that we by my bed.. I got up the courage to go to the living room and sleep on the couch with the kids. I turned every light on in between my bedroom and the living room.. That woke up the kids so i told them what happened and it was not time to be awake so we turned all the lights off and got laid back down.. It wasn't 3 minutes and i heard something scratching under the couch.. Tried to ignore it and then the kids heard it and Pazley started to cry. At this point i couldn't say a word because i was crying earlier.. And then
This was a regular occurrence the kids looking under the door to see if he was in one of the 10 traps we had in there. Luke would go look it was so cute.. In the mean time we never heard or seen him in a couple of days but i wasn't about to put the food back in the pantry..
THEN one night it was like 12 30 am and Eli come in my room crying saying he was scared and he could hear something in his room. I was so annoyed because it was late i wanted to be sleeping and no matter what i said he was not going back to bed so i finally took him back to bed and the baby heard me so i laid him back down and walked out of the room and the mouse was two steps in from of me.. Oh i was mad.. I went and got Clint up and the mouse hunt begun.. He was in the linen closet so i put a towel under there so he couldn't get out. We blocked all the doors so he couldn't go in the kids rooms and the bathroom. Clint had the broom and i had the mop. Clint pulled the blankets out one by one til he came running out. Clint got him with the broom and then he came at me and i got him with the mop then he got past me and went to the laundry room witch i didn't block off.. We once again found another hole in the wall around a gas line that was not filled in . We decided to fill the hole with foam and and block the door and go back to bed since Clint had to wake up in 3 hours. The next morning the had chewed a hole in the wall around the foam and gotten back into the laundry room and had chewed a hole in the towel that was blocking the door.. So that day we put steel wool in the whole and put a blanket under the door that i didn't care about and the next morning we wake up to find the blanket had been chewed up and the steel wool was on the floor.. Up to this point we didn't want to use poison because we didn't want him dead some where and start stinking, but by now we had has it. We got some grain from Clint's grandpa that had poison in it. We waited to put the baby to bed and laid it out and the next morning he was DEAD.Ca bam process of elimination..
If there are any typos I am sorry.. It was so long I am not reading through it again because this is the second time I have typed it because blogger didn't save it the first time
1 comments:
Oh my, that is an awful story. I am terrified of mice. I can't imagine knowing it was in the house and not being able to kill it.
Post a Comment