Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Grandma and grandpa Thayn

So Last night on face book my cousin BreAna posted this and here is the conversation we had it was so nice to talk about grandma and grandpa. They both passed away at this time 10 years ago. All of us talking are all grand kids and kids. Love you grandpa and grandpa. Merry Christmas

BreAna Thayn Tucker sooo does anyone remember grandma's cookies??? I sure miss those, I sure miss her especially this time of year...

Yesterday at 9:16pm · ·
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
grandma thayns' me to
Yesterday at 9:18pm ·
Toni Herrera Thayn
Toni Herrera Thayn
Ohhh...u made me cry :'( I miss her too---especially when there are Christmas songs playing, u remember how she loved Christmas music?
Yesterday at 9:19pm
Michelle Lindsay
Michelle Lindsay
Everytime I hear the song 'I'll be home for Christmas' I think of her and her funeral.
Yesterday at 9:26pm
BreAna Thayn Tucker
BreAna Thayn Tucker
Zeph's grandma once made these sugar cookies, right after grandma passed and I cried and cried, they were almost exactly like hers, I finally got the recipe today and am going to try to make them, but it will miss that ingredient of love she put in them for us. I remember she would have Christmas all year round if she could, lol remember the brick paper she put around her book case so it would look like a chimney!?
Yesterday at 9:26pm
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
oh you cant do this i am crying i miss her so much i loved the reindeer that she always put on her air conditioner. its been 10 years.
Yesterday at 9:43pm ·
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
wouldn't we just pay to have her meet our kids
Yesterday at 9:43pm ·
BreAna Thayn Tucker
BreAna Thayn Tucker
I remember when we were a little, and we were all packed into Grandma and Grandpa's house for Christmas and the power went out, we sang to Christmas songs in the dark with Uncle Don playing his guitar...it was great
Yesterday at 9:43pm
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
I love that we are talking about grandma! Julie would be balling she still cant handle it
Yesterday at 9:44pm ·
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
its this time every year she would tend us while my mom and dad were in vegas and it was always on my birthday
Yesterday at 9:45pm ·
Toni Herrera Thayn
Toni Herrera Thayn
hey I am bawling here :( I am glad she met Adam. She met Alex too but he was only 2 months old when she passed - Adam has a vague memory of her. I always tell him he'd have loved her.
Yesterday at 9:48pm
BreAna Thayn Tucker
BreAna Thayn Tucker
I do remember the reindeer...I know 10 long but short years, I still think sometimes that I can pick up the phone to call and see what they are doing. I would have loved for my kids to meet her, she was so full of spunk
Yesterday at 9:48pm
Toni Herrera Thayn
Toni Herrera Thayn
She was spunky but she was also "real" - u know what I mean? what u saw was what u got....she didn't need to put on airs, she was who she was......and we loved that.
Yesterday at 9:50pm
Savannah Wilson
Savannah Wilson
Love her for who she was for sure, remember how grandpa used to flip his false teeth out if one of the grandkids told him to and grandma would give him smack on the arm "Oh Lynn!" she would say. then he would flash her a smile and she would smile and that was the end of that lol
Yesterday at 9:54pm
BreAna Thayn Tucker
BreAna Thayn Tucker
yes she was who she was, you could count on her telling you what she thought no matter what, lol and you could count on her telling other people what she thought, some comments she made would make you think "woah! my sweet grandma said that?!?"
Yesterday at 9:55pm
Savannah Wilson
Savannah Wilson
Exactly! Quiet never new what she would say next.
Yesterday at 9:57pm
BreAna Thayn Tucker
BreAna Thayn Tucker
I wish we would have had more time with both of them. It use to make her mad when he would flip his teeth out, I do remember that...I think all of the kids would have loved them :( it's nice to remember them and have people who are willing to remember them with you
Yesterday at 9:57pm
Savannah Wilson
Savannah Wilson
They so would, I know grandma and grandpa would have loved them too. Grandpa would have a couple full knees with all of them, but he would not have minded that one bit. They both loved all the grand and great grand kids being around.
Yesterday at 10:00pm
BreAna Thayn Tucker
BreAna Thayn Tucker
I think the real shocker was when she told someone who had more kids then they could take care of that someone should reach over and pinch that thing off!
Yesterday at 10:00pm
Savannah Wilson
Savannah Wilson
Oh gosh i remember that! She said that more then once!
Yesterday at 10:01pm
Savannah Wilson
Savannah Wilson
I miss the home made bread recipe. She would bake up a storm. And there was allways a littel bit of dough left, she would put it in a round dish and bake it up, well of course as soon as the bread was done grandpa grabed it and the butter and off to the couch we went to eat our little stash :)
Yesterday at 10:04pm
BreAna Thayn Tucker
BreAna Thayn Tucker
LOL Yep! The bread was wonderful....
Yesterday at 10:10pm
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
so the face grandpa would pull when he would pop hid teeth out, I think of him all the time because luke makes that face! damit Lynn
Yesterday at 10:13pm ·
Savannah Wilson
Savannah Wilson
Her secret ingredient, potatoe water, that is what did it.
Yesterday at 10:13pm
BreAna Thayn Tucker
BreAna Thayn Tucker
My mom uses that too...still isn't grandma's though
Yesterday at 10:15pm
Savannah Wilson
Savannah Wilson
Oh yeah the famouse damit Lynn phrase. Remember her getting ready for church and grandpa did something silly and she said "Damit Lynn" grandpa said your gong to church and you say that she came back Yes damit cus your making me mad. And off they went to church.. How he could push her buttons to get her all wound up and she loved it deep down cuz she allways forgave him....Oh how they were the best together.
Yesterday at 10:16pm
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
remember the walmart gift cards they would give us i think of that all the time
Yesterday at 10:18pm ·
Savannah Wilson
Savannah Wilson
Me too, how she allways went to the lay away department at the old walmart and they had to write then all out by hand.
Yesterday at 10:19pm
Savannah Wilson
Savannah Wilson
She allways had oreos and fireballs in the cuboard in the kitchen too.. Still love fireballs to this day when i can find em
Yesterday at 10:20pm
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
oh I love and miss them, got to go to bed thanks breanna for bringing it up it made my day to talk about such great people!
Yesterday at 10:21pm ·
Kathie Thayn
Kathie Thayn
OK GUYS IM LAYING IN BED AND HAVE TEARS RUNNING MY EAR
Yesterday at 10:22pm
Savannah Wilson
Savannah Wilson
I know there were stacks of notebooks somewhere because on halloween grandma had every single kid come in before they got their candy she had to write down their name and their parents name. So she knew whos kids were who's :)
Yesterday at 10:23pm
Savannah Wilson
Savannah Wilson
I knw Aunt Kathie me too just welling up with all the GREAT memories we have came up with to nite.
Yesterday at 10:24pm
BreAna Thayn Tucker
BreAna Thayn Tucker
Jeannie it was so nice to talk about them, it's nice to remember. Aunt Kathie, LOL, I know it's not funny but yes it is, I hate that feeling of tears in my ears...kind of sounds like a country song. Ohh fireballs I was so addicted to those
Yesterday at 10:25pm
BreAna Thayn Tucker
BreAna Thayn Tucker
I just got off the phone with Zeph of course teary but hey it's worth the memories.
Yesterday at 10:28pm
Toni Herrera Thayn
Toni Herrera Thayn
strawberry jello with banana slices. I hate jello but I will eat that haha
Yesterday at 10:31pm
BreAna Thayn Tucker
Yesterday at 10:33pm
Savannah Wilson
Savannah Wilson
And her cherry cheesecake. Still make that from time to time.
Yesterday at 10:34pm
BreAna Thayn Tucker
BreAna Thayn Tucker
I haven't had that forever
Yesterday at 10:36pm
BreAna Thayn Tucker
BreAna Thayn Tucker
Savannah will you send me that recipe?
Yesterday at 10:38pm
BreAna Thayn Tucker
BreAna Thayn Tucker
Okay time for bed, thanks for the memories everyone!!!
Yesterday at 10:41pm
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
Jeannie Lindsay Bradshaw
look at us 41 comments about wonderful people!
2 hours ago ·

2 hours ago
Kathie Thayn
Kathie Thayn
Hey, this was wonderful, is there a way to print off this comments?
about an hour ago
Toni Herrera Thayn
Toni Herrera Thayn
I want both recipes please
about an hour ago
Julie Lindsay
Julie Lindsay
Jeannie was right i am a cry baby:( hey i try and make grandmas cookies every year they are not hers but i try

2 comments:

Cindi said...

This is so special! In my family we still talk about my Grandpa and Grandma Searle- they have been gone for 12 years now- keep talking about your special memories of your Grandma- it keeps her alive in your memories! :)

tsroybal said...

I have alot of great memories of you grandparents. They have been so dearly missed these past 10 years. I can't believe it has been so long.