Wednesday, December 10, 2008

3 nights down and.....

I have no idea how many to go.. Saturday when we were packing to go to Las Vegas to the NFR, Eli noticed that I had packed a binki, because he still has one at night. Anyway this was our conversation

Eli- we cant take that
Me- why
Eli- those guys will see it
Me- what guys
Eli- those bucking guys ( meaning the bronc riders)
Me- are you embarrassed
Eli- ya I will be berrased..

So we took one just so we wouldn't have 2 sleepless nights on our vacation and he did well. The first night he went right to sleep we just told him we didn't have one. The second night was a little different. He has a cold so i forced medicine down his throat, and that made him mad so he started off crying and he cried for like 15 minutes and I said to Clint 15 more minutes and just then it went quiet.. We waited a few minutes and then I turned on the light to help get him in be because he was laying on Clint's chest sideways. I think he was asleep most of the time he was crying he just wouldn't give up.

Night 3... We are home and he still wasn't feeling great and he kept saying I want my binki, so we told him we don't have any we through them all away, so Clint talked Eli in to cutting one for him so see that we don't have any anymore, after that he kept saying lets glue it back. So come bedtime he didn't want to go to bed and Clint was gone playing basketball so i dealt with him almost putting holes in his bedroom door with everything he could find. When Clint got home there was a pile of stuff out side his door I had taken from him. When i finally went to bed i let him sleep with me/ I tried to sleep while he played and when Clint got home it took like another hour for him to be OK going to bed with out his binki... So we will see how the next couple days go...

2 comments:

Danielle said...

At first I thought you wrote "Eli saw that I packed a bikini." I was going to say, go Jeannie! It's so funny he was going to be embarrassed if the guys saw it. Good luck!

Cindy said...

Ok, here is my thought if you are still having problems with the binki. You can tell Eli that the binki Fairy came and took them for the little babies. Because he is a big boy now and there are little babies that need them more than he does. So, then if he sees a baby with a binki and it looks like one of his old ones. He will think that the binki fairy gave it to the baby. It worked for someone else I know.